Solved

Manufacturing Visualizer: drag and drop multiple shop orders or operations

• 20 November 2023
  • 9 replies

Badge +3

Hi,

Does anyone know if recent versions of Cloud support the multi drag and drop of operations in the manufacturing Visualizer?

In DOP and/or project manufacturing, all shop orders connected often need to be rescheduled as a whole. In APB, you can simply drag and drop the DOP or project and everything moves along. Is a similar option available in the Visualizer?

icon

Best answer by chathurya 6 December 2023, 07:12

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Marc,

I wanted to let you know that in the manufacturing visualizer, we have implemented support for multi-select drag-and-drop functionality. Feel free to select multiple operations visible in either the machine or labor Gantt charts and drag-drop them to any desired date. Subsequently, a Shop Order Rescheduling dialog will appear for each shop order/operation, prompting you for additional information such as scheduling direction and more.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hello Marc,

I wanted to let you know that in the manufacturing visualizer, we have implemented support for multi-select drag-and-drop functionality. Feel free to select multiple operations visible in either the machine or labor Gantt charts and drag-drop them to any desired date. Subsequently, a Shop Order Rescheduling dialog will appear for each shop order/operation, prompting you for additional information such as scheduling direction and more.

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

Hi Marc,

In manufacturing visualizer, we implemented support for multi-select drag-and-drop functionality. You can select multiple operations visible in either the machine or labor Gantt charts and drag-drop them to any desired date. Subsequently, a Shop Order Rescheduling dialog will appear for each shop order/operation, prompting you for additional information such as scheduling direction and more.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@chathurya in which release was multi-select drag-and-drop implemented?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@matt.watters This is working in cloud versions from 22.1 onwards. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@chathurya something like this should have been included in the release notes or in the overview of what’s new in 22. Otherwise, users would only know about it if they tried it, resulting in the all-too-common “I never used to be able to do that, I wonder when they changed that”.

Badge +3

Thanks!

Can you assist me in how it’s done?

example below: DOP 258 should be moved back one month. How do I multi select the operations?

Userlevel 1
Badge +3

@matt.watters  Sure, we will update the release note accordingly. The thing is it is automatically available after some framework releses and we have not done anything specific from product’s perspective, so we missed it in release notes. But I agree, we should update the release notes and documents and will do that soon. 

@Marc Johnson, You can select any number of shop orders by keep pressing CTRL key. Within a single shop order, you don’t need to specifically select all operations. Once you drop items to a date, there will be a dialog opened and ask scheduling direction and some other settings. In that, you can tick the option “Compress Operation”. It will run infinite scheduler and compress operations within that shop order.

I included screenshots of the steps below.

Moving items to any desired date

Dialog for the first shop order
Dialog for the second shop order
Final Result

Badge +2

Is it possible to automatically staggered the orders to avoid overlapping of operations in work centers.