Question

Manufacaturing As-Built Structure nt showing

• 17 December 2021
  • 0 replies

Badge +2
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 2 replies

Hi Community ! Hope everyone is doing okayish (at this point, even okayish is great !)

I’m working on the manufacturing side of a business using IFS 9

We’ve had some problem with a Serialised part not showing the proper Multilevel structure. Here’s the context. 

very much simplified structure is : 

• PN 100
    • PN 101
      • PN 102

Parts were manufactured and shop orders were closed correctly. We then opened a multilevel repair shop order for 100 (SO100), salvaged 101 and opened another multi-level shop order for 101 (SO101). Work was conducted on SO 101 and was eventually closed and part was re-issued to SO100 and was closed putting a PN100 back in stock. 

Now, we need to repair PN100 again so we open another repair SO (SO102) but this is where we get the problem, there’s no as-built structure for this PN100 that was put in inventory by repair SO100. So we can’t multi-level repair it. 

I found after searching a bit that the As-Built REV of the part 101 coming from SO101 is (2) and the as-built Rev that I see for the same PN101 in the PN100 structure is (1). I believe that is the problem but can’t find a way to solve this.

Thanks for reading through this wall of text. 

Stay safe,
Olivier

This topic has been closed for comments