Question

Manual unissued shop order quantity error

• 12 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Morning 

I am using IFS Apps 10 and having an error trying to manually un-issue material from a shop order. When i go to enter the quantity to un-issue i get the error message below stating ‘the quantity of material trying to un-issue is greater that the quantity available on this transaction’ but when checking the inventory part transaction history you can see that the quantity issues to the shop order is equal to the quantity i am trying to un-issue.

does anyone know what is causing this error messages and how to get round this?

regards,

Jamie 

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@jamiewhite What type of Shop Order is this and what is the UPD level you are in?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi JAmie

I think the parent part is Multilevel Tracked Manufactured Part.

You have issued 1 qty and the parent part also must have been received into Inventory.

Since the Parent part is Multilevel Tracked, now we have the As Built Structure of the Received Parent Part which is also comprised with the issued component part that you trying to un issue.

What the system says is the Part cannot be unissued as it is already included in a Parent Part which is now in Inventory.

System can trace this because the Received Parent Part is Multi Level Tracked.

If you need to un issue this qty which is in inventory with its parent, you need to Un Receive the Parent Part first.

Then un issue should be possible.