Question

Make to Order - Adjust on Op Qty Deviation - Configuration Usage

• 14 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +5

We enable the Adjust on Op Qty Deviation on manufactured Inventory Parts. This is ensure the deviation is included when the prior operation in a shop order has been over or under reported.

However, if the part is set to make-to-Order on MS Level 1, this cannot be enabled unless the Configuration usage is changed to “Variant” or “Option” (instead of “Common”).

Whats the logic behind this? What systematic differences betwen using a configruation usage of “Variant” or “Option” instead of “Common”. This doesn’t appear to be documented anywhere. 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I’m not sure what the Configuration Usage parameter controls, but I cannot see why it should restrict you from being able to select the Adjust on Op Qty Deviation. I tested to set configuration Usage = Variant and enable the Adjust on Op Qty Deviation in IFS Cloud and that worked fine.

Badge +5

I’m not sure what the Configuration Usage parameter controls, but I cannot see why it should restrict you from being able to select the Adjust on Op Qty Deviation. I tested to set configuration Usage = Variant and enable the Adjust on Op Qty Deviation in IFS Cloud and that worked fine.

Thanks Björn, its that lack of knowing thats worrying. We can change the configuration usage but we just want to be be sure we understand the consequences. Particularly for planning. The documentatoin says this but we don’t fully understand what it means.

“Select Common to update the Supply column in Plan MS Level 0 with supplies defined in Plan MS Level 1 for parts belonging to the same family.
”