Question

Maintenance Object connect to Manufaturing WorkCenter

• 14 June 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

I would to know if the operation status of maintenance object can affect the manufacturing work center status or availability?

Or the other way arround when i report the work center has downtime because a problem. is it possible to automatically generation out of operation in maintenance object?

Vasco Silva

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @TimVascoS ,

Even though you connect a maintenance object to a manufacturing work center in Resources tab, it will not affect to any direction (to anything in maintenance side or anything in manufacturing side in IFS). It will only give some visualization if APB is used to schedule manufacturing, as a resource break.

However, even it will be visible, only when the Op Status in a work order of that connected maintenance object, has a Op status of Obstructive.

And, also it is needed to run the Maintenance Import for the particular site, and the site should be enabled for APB. Then, the resource breaks will be created in maintenance resource breaks screen, and they need to be approved. Only after that, those resource breaks will be visible in APB.

I’m not familiar on how to configure APB dashboard to visualize the resource breaks. But, they should be displayed in APB.

Hope this will help !

Thanks,

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Scheduled resource breaks will also be visible in Visual Planning, i.e. when you have created a resource break (either manually or created based on a work order of Obstructive Type), and scheduled it in APB, it will also show up as load in Visual Planning of load type Resource Break.