Looking for best practices how to handle data access (sites+roles) on a multi-company-site Installation IFS 10

• 22 April 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

We have IFS installed in one Site and will start the rollout into other entities soon.

On the one hand, we are hesitating to grant access to all employees to all data, new and old sites, but on the other hand is might be useful to have read only access on other sites.

Desadvantage of having access to other sites data: may lead to confusion, more results out of a search, but not all within the own site.

Advantage: being able to copy data, which might be useful.

Another idea would be to add a globally used company and site for masterdata and knowledge exchange.

What approach have other IFS 10 customers for this challenge?

Thank you for sharing your solution with me.

Regards Martina

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

I would like to have further input on the following to analyze a possible solution: Has the customer a solution more into replication. Example from a perspective of offshore and onshore? Is it more of an expansion of sites?

Going through the input data provided:

Setting up permission sets and also the use of presentation objects would certainly be able to sort the mentioned issue.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

We want to rollout an existing installation of Apps10 in production use in our Company in Sweden to our sites in Germany and Switzerland.

→ We will add more companies and sites within one installation.

(not sure, what you mean with offshore/onshore…??)

But there is no way to have a matrix like

Site 1                                                               Site 2

Users of Site 1       inventory Parts read and update               inventory Parts read only

Users of Site 2       inventory Parts read only                            inventory Parts read and update

I found another similar request:

Thank you!