Question

Keep direct visibility of lot of component of previous shop order

• 3 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

I’m looking for a method where we can easily see which lot nr was used in the first shop order of a chain of shop order.

We are producing something in Shop order 1. It’s a batch of let’s say a specific plastic, with a very specific color: component A

We use this part as a component in shop order 2. Then we use the final part of shop order 2 in shop order 3. then the part from 3 in 4, etc. A chain of shop orders, all originating from the component that we made in shop order 1.

Now I would like to see in one view, which final products all originate from that component from shop order 1. Because that has a specific color, so if we would like to supply a customer with goods with exactly the same color, we can only use products wich originate from Component A (the color doesn’t change afterwards).

The information is in IFS, however I would to like to see it when I for example make my reservations to supply a customer order.

How could we solve this?

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

There’s a flag called Lot/Batch Origin you can select for one component in the BOM. Then the lot/batch number of the shop order will be created the same as the lot/batch number reserved/issued for this component with a suffix. This can be setup in multiple BOM levels.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

thanks for the answer!

That works great. However, 2 things that are giving problems:

• I’m not able to to divide into sub lots. That’s needed, because we make in batches of 50kg in 1 shop order and we distingiush between them using sublots.
  • Can I, in the later shop orders, use 2 different sublots (but the same mother lot)?

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I see the problem. Splitting to sub-lots are not allowed when shop order status = Started, and it will be since the lot/batch no is inherited when you issue the component :( I don’t have any idea how to solve that unfortunately.