Question

Is it possible to translate Unit of measure pcs (allow decimals)

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Cannot be found from the  Basic data translation neither.  We would need to do translations for all the used report layouts. Any recommendations how it could be done?

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hello @mingram ,

You can check this out;

Kind regards 

Ozgun Bal

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Hi!

I checked that one out but after this UoM cannot be found from the basic data translations could not really use this way neither. Our problem is that it is now always showing pcs for all the languages but we should get it translated to the other languages used in reports.

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Hi!

I checked that one out but after this UoM cannot be found from the basic data translations could not really use this way neither. Our problem is that it is now always showing pcs for all the languages but we should get it translated to the other languages used in reports.

Hi,

You have to do your own translation,

For example;

If you want to translate English UoM to Finnish UoM, you should go to part basic data, add a new line and translate the UoM you want.

After you do the translations, you have to do the changes in your reports which I mension on my first reply.

Ozgun Bal

Userlevel 2
Badge +7

Just getting this error when trying to add it

but still reports are showing

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Just getting this error when trying to add it

but still reports are showing

That means you already have the translation so you do not have to add new one.

Your report output still shows pcs becuse your report uses UNIT_CODE.(marked with orange)

You should arrange your report to show UNIT_CODE description. (marked with green)

Description automatically translated if you change your  language in the IEE.

Ozgun Bal

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

@mingram 

I believe you are trying to add the information to the wrong screen.  Your screen shot shows you are adding to the basic data table Units of Measure - which isn’t the correct location because as you’ve found, it already exists.

You need to go to the screen that @Ozgun BAL has shown you in his screenshot which is Basic Data Translation - then search for the logical unit - IsoUnit as shown.  After you find the correct logical unit in the header, then use the RMB Search in Context from the row section.  Search on pcs%, there you will find all of the translations entered for this Attribute Key in your system.  Here is what ours looks like after following the same steps.

You have to do these steps firs before you can then implement the translation on reports and other locations.