Question

Is it possible to extract the Notes from IFS?

• 9 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

Is it possible to extract the Notes from IFS? 

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

I am interested in the replies to this as well.

Apologies for hijacking a thread as my first input to the community! I promise I have been looking for subjects I can add value to…

I don’t know why this is flagged as an answer - as far as I know it was not something I did.

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

The short answer is yes, but the long answer is your question needs to be more specific.  Notes are everywhere in IFS, so which object are you referring to?  Surely you don’t mean every note on every object.  Some can be extracted directly from overview screens, others can’t.  All can be accessed through the SQL Query Tool in some fashion.  Here is an example:

select * from (ifsname)APP.purchase_order
WHERE note_id IS NOT NULL

Not sure why this question was marked answered when there wasn’t an answer given….but there is a way to do what you want I’m sure….with more detail

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Hi,

I would be the notes added to the Return Material Authorisation screen - you can extract all info into excel from the Return Material Authorisation screen however the Notes column is just a tick box - ideally we would like the note extracted that relates to the RMA 

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

OK, that is more specific.  Yes, that is one of the more poorly organized screens in IFS without an overview to go with it, so from the UI doing a direct search, the notes can’t be extracted.  Using the SQL Query Tool, they can be.  Creating a Quick Report with the information needed is probably the best solution from a user standpoint for this situation.

SQL Query Tool RMA Header Info

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I don’t know why this is flagged as an answer - as far as I know it was not something I did.

I’ve removed the best answer from this!