Question

Inventory Part - Predefined reserve/ issue locations

• 24 May 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi 

I am using IFS Apps 10 and trying to pre-define were material is reserved and issued from.

On the product structure i have set the ‘Reserve/ Issue Method’ to reserve and Backflush but this reserves material from any available location. Am i correct in thinking for it automatically reserve material from a predefined location I need to input the location in the ‘Reserve/ Issue from Location’ tab?

If this is correct would I also need to define the ‘Default Location’ on the component inventory part as the same location so when the component material is received into stock it will automatically suggest locating the material into its default location?

kind regards

Jamie 

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi @jamiewhite ,

You can use below highlighted option to define where to issue\reserve from. There are 3 options available.

Thanks ,

Regards,

Naveena

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you want to restrict the Reserve/Backflush to the location specified as the Reserve/Issue from Location in the Product Structure you must select the option below on the Inventory Part

A more common option is to limit the backflush (typically) to only the Inbound locations connected to the work center (requires material to be operation connected) using the parameters below:

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Naveena/ Bjorn 

thankyou for your replies.

Bjorn if i am understanding this correctly should i set the reserve/ issue from to ‘only specified location’ on each of the components parts within the structure and then set the work centre for each operation within the routing that i want to issue material to, to ‘Reserve allowed’ and when i run backflush it will issue only material that has been reserved to that inbound location?

regards

Jamie