Question

Inventory Part/ Default Location

• 26 May 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Hi 

i am using App 10 and would like can you have more than one default location connected to one inventory part?

currently we have one location connected to teh inventory part so when goods in recieves the part into stock it will automatically suggest the default location (which is our paint store), but when we want to move inventory from the paint store to a shop floor location in the ‘Move inventory part’ window it automatically suggests the default location GSPS46. 

I want the system to show the storemen the other location the part can be moved to rather than them having to manually input the desired location number 18044.

Is this possible?

regards

Jamie

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hi,

In the Inventory part/Default locations tab, you can set only one location per each location type.

The main use of this functionality is to facilitate receipt handling. The default location will be automatically displayed on arrival and receipt.

However, you can save a record for each location where you want to move the parts to, in the ‘Move inventory part’ window, so that the users can simply enter the qty to move in than particular line.

Also, if you have a large hierarchy to consider when moving parts, you can use the ‘Perform putaway’ function instead, after ranking the locations as per your requirement.

I hope this information help.

Thanks,

Malsha

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

Malsha 

thanks for the reply, I think I was trying to use the system in the incorrect way.

regards

Jamie 

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

You cannot add more than one default locations of same Location Type (In your case picking type).

If you want to evaluate same type of locations , then put away process would be an option.

However, system allows you to define different type of default locations  on the same tab

Ex: Default Arrival type location, default floor stock type location etc.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Hi Jamie,

The standard functionality is explained in a very detailed form in the two answers. To add more input to your query. Can I know the following input :

1. A possible scenario (real time )
  2. You mentioned move goods from paint store to a shop floor location ? This would mean your components to where the actual manufacturing and detailing is happening ?