Question

Inventory Part Cost Level

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Does anyone know if there are any conditions that would create a new inventory part as “Cost Per Lot Batch”. All new inventory parts seem to get created with this set as “Cost Per Part”.

I would like all my new inventory parts to be “Cost Per Lot Batch” but there doesn’t seem to be a way of setting a default or a set of conditions on Master Part that would set this to Cost Per Lot Batch for new inventory parts. There is a way to set a default for everything else in the “Cost Control” group of settings except for the Cost Level! Is that an IFS oversight?

All settings seem to result in “Cost Per Part”. I don’t really want to go in and change every single new inventory part that’s created. But that’s what I am currently doing.

Only solution I can think of is a custom event to change it to “Cost Per Lot Batch” for new inventory parts.

Thanks! 

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

I dont think there is a standard setting to make all new parts to be cost per lot hence this is a specific requirement, unlike the inventory valuation defaults we can set in the site. 

Perhaps you could use a script to update the field, use a custom event or use a workflow if using IFS Cloud. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

There are many things like this on costing and inventory part setup that are things the users should be setting up following a template or a standard setup.  There isn’t a way to have these attributes set as a default. These are the types of things that I ended up setting daily and weekly searches to run and find the discrepant items and just fix them.