Question

Inventory Part Availability Planning Available QTY does not match Inventory Part In Stock Availabe QTY

• 18 June 2020
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

We have a sceanario where parts have been quarantined and are not usable at this time.  The Inventory Part Availability Planning panel (IPAP) seems to reflect the part quantities correctly. 12 On Hand and 0 Usable and Available.

Our question is in regard to the Inventory Part In Stock panel. We believe that the Available Qty should also reflect 0 since this is the Available Qty number in the IPAP. Are we wrong in our assumption?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

The available quantity on IPAP considers the Availability Control if the setting is non-nettable as I assume your quarantine one is set to.  The available quantity on IPIS is only the On Hand minus Reserved and doesn’t consider the Availability Control.

Some of these are Nettable Availability Controls while others are Non-Nettable, but you’ll notice all are simply On Hand minus Reserved = Available for that location

IPIS Overview

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

Thank you!

Badge +1

Hi.

I have tried to find the difference between “Usable QTY” and “Available QTY”, but when i have the parts reserved, condition based and on the same location the numbers show the same. 

Do you know what the basic data sets that defines the difference between this two columns ?