Solved

Inventory Part Availability Exceptions - slow processing

• 1 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hi All, I frequently manually run Generate Inventory Part Availability Exceptions throughout the day. It typically took about 2 minutes to run the process as a background job. Recently we patched Oracle and the process has increased to 8+ minutes. Has anyone run into this issue and is there a fix or setting that we’ve overlooked? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

icon

Best answer by Yasas Kasthuriarachchi 9 February 2021, 16:44

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Badge +2

As added info - we are using IFS8.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @LeaAnd72,
Thank you for contacting, would you mind to elaborate what was the exact patch from Oracle that was used, it will be helpful if you could specify the update version etc.  Also is the issue only with ‘Generate Inventory Part Availability’ ? have you observed any performance drop in other processes / jobs? It would be interesting to see which Oracle update caused this and how much it relates to IFS Application usage. Thank you !

Badge +1

Yasas_AK,

I am the IT Architect at LeaAnd72 location.

The patch was MES update to bring oracle 11.2.0.3 to 11.2.0.4 in order to get
oracle to TLS 1.2

And as she says, the time to process immediately went from 2 to 8 minutes.
I also noted an increase in one of our PMRP’s

I do not see any indexes that need to be rebuilt, and wondering what else we can review.

The Patch is the only “What’s changed” that we are aware of.

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Hi @Steve.Oren,
Thank you for the information and sorry for the delay in response. I searched on Oracle Support and found that there are many after effects reported in shifting from  11.2.0.3 to 11.2.0.4 including performance drops and the list goes on.

Hence I would suggest if you have ORACLE ASFU agreement with IFS, you could raise a support case so support will analyze further on this issue. If not kindly refer Oracle Support for similar concerns that may have the perfect relevance to yours.

Badge +1

Yasas_AK Thank you very much for the reply, I shall dig further!