Question

Intersite Purchase order to Customer Order freight

• 8 April 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

We are having issues with freight being added to an intesite order and holding up the closing of the order and not transferring back to the PO.  Thoughts on why this would be happening?

Our scenario is as follows:

• PO is created by Site A to get inventory from Site B.
  • Customer Order is created from PO in Site B.
  • Site B ships the items to the address for Site A via our shipping tool
  • Freight tracking tab is populated with data
  • Freight gets stranded right now on the customer order

Thanks!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Is there something in the setup that makes you believe the charges should transfer?  I don’t recall anything in the intersite process that will move the charges between orders.

There are no message classes that pertain to the charges that I’m aware.

Are you saying it worked at one time and now doesn’t?

Or you’ve never been able to get it to work?

If you check the help for the EDI messages, I don’t see anything about charges there either.

/ifsdoc/documentation/en/General/AboutEDIMessages.htm

I also looked through the info again for the Order Line and it doesn’t contain any reference to charges.  That is a different tab on the customer order and as far as I know, outside the scope of the intersite process.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

@ShawnBerk  how would financial transactions accurately book if we are shipping product from one site to another?

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

We consider freight an overhead expense, especially intersite, and don’t attempt to charge each other for the freight.  I assume that is actually how IFS is setup as well, intersite is setup for inventory parts only, not non-inventory parts on the order lines and not charges. If you are trying to recoup freight costs on intersite orders, it is going to require a monthly manual adjustment to balance things.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I think this needs to go to the IFS Idea wall based on the number of questions on this topic.