Question

IFS Cloud - remove unused WC from Gantt-Chart

• 2 April 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hi All,

Is there a method to exclude unused Workcenter Resources from the Gantt chart in production planning? Despite work centers being hidden or deactivated, their names continue to appear on the chart. These centers no longer have capacity and there's no necessity for their visibility in this context.

Many Thanks,

Alex

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Even if the work center has been set to Hidden or Blocked it can still have operations scheduled on it. I think the Gantt will load the work center resources which have planned load (operations), so please check whether you still have some open operations scheduled on these work centers and see if they can be closed. Then they should hopefully disappears from the Gantt. 

Badge +3

Hi @Björn Hultgren,

thanks for your fast response :)

I have checked these ressources, and there is no operation scheduled on them. It makes sense to me that those cannot be deleted as there might be historical records on those. But they should not be visible in the Gantt anymore.

Although for example on WC - Ressource MONTA I testet both, hidden and Blocked, these individual ressources still appear in the Gantt.

Is this a bug?

Many Thanks,

Alex

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If load exists on any of the resources on a work center, I believe all resources on that work center are displayed in the Gantt. It’s mostly a good idea since you want to be able to reschedule an operation from one to another resource. But in your case when one of the resources are no longer in use I understand it is a bit inconvenient.