Question

IFS Cloud - barcode scanners

• 8 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

22R2
Looking to use handheld barcode scanners in the manufacturing processes for various transactions. 

1. What type of handheld scanners are supported by IFS Cloud 22R2?

2.  It appears that Scandit license is needed.  Does IFS provide that license or does it have to be purchased separately?  

3.  Is there any documentation on how to set up the scanner to connect to IFS.

4.  Is there any documentation on the configuration/setup in IFS to use the scanner/barcode.

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @jporter ,

In case you haven't come across them, you can find answers to most of your questions in https://docs.ifs.com/Support/SupportedPlatforms22R2/ and https://docs.ifs.com/techdocs/22r2/030_administration/040_native_apps/090_aurena_native_apps/60_scan_it/.

cheers

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

@Sajith D 

Thanks for the links.

They answer items 2, 3 and 4.  Looking for answer on 1 - what type of handheld scanners are supported.  Do you know where I can find that?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @jporter,

Unfortunately i couldn't find any specific documentation on that. However i did notice few things that might help with your evaluation. Not an expert in this so just few thoughts. 

1. Scandit is an option only if you using the mobile device camera for scanning. 
2. If you are thinking in line of rugged devices which has a built in scanner, the device compatibility will mostly be based on the OS that is running on the device as that needs to be able to run IFS Scan IT.

Cheers 

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

@jporter I don’t believe there is any sort of published list that IFS provides regarding all possible devices, although they do share minimum device requirements.  Although this is mildly old, you can find that thread here: 

I generally provide the minimum device requirements and then work with the customer to get a better understanding of what they are looking for (i.e., scan distance, ruggedization, cold storage, media capability, barcode type supported, OS preference, etc.)