Question

How update Component Summarized Where Used info

• 29 April 2024
  • 8 replies

Badge +4

I am seeing there is a Component Summarized Where Used table in IFS and I am wondering how this information gets updated?  We have a part that if you look up on the “Component Where Used” screen does in fact show parent parts.  I read on the help page that in order to show here it must have a part cost.  The part was added after our go-live, and it was originally missing a cost, but I have it valued now.  However, it is still not showing up on the “Component Summarized Where Used” screen.  Is there a job that has to run to update this information?

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Refer to the step ‘Calculate Cumulative and Unprotected Lead Time’ in the flow for Position Buffer Parts in DDMRP.

Badge +4

I tried to do that for just the one part, but nothing changed. I will reach out to our demand planning/data management group to know if there is something unique about that function.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

I tried to do that for just the one part, but nothing changed. I will reach out to our demand planning/data management group to know if there is something unique about that function.  

I recommend running it for the Site not just one part.

Badge +4

We ran this for the entire site and ran our MRP, but the part is still not showing up on the Component Summarized Where Used page.  Is there something else are missing?

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

The answer may be in this post, where it is explained that the Component Summarized Where Used is using Part Cost tree data from cost set 1.

Badge +4

Thank you for this information. After I copied the costs for the manufactured parts to Cost Set 1, and I ran the Cumulative Lead Time for the applicable site, the raw material code I was looking for did show up on the Component Summarized page.

My only issue with this then, is that we are using standard costing for our manufactured parts.  We do not intend to re-roll our standard costs more than annually unless there is a significant shift in our raw material costs or routing structures.  How then could the Component Summarized sheet remain current?  Is there any other table view that would produce the results that are displayed in the regular “Component Where Used” page regardless of Cost Set 1 structures?

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

The Component Summarized Where Used page was introduced in Apps10 to assist in determining which parts could be designated as buffer parts, based on number of products, unprotected lead time, cost, etc., and opt to plan these parts thru DDMRP instead of traditional MRP or other methods.

The page is not intended to be a true bottom-up multilevel where used view for components that is always up to date with current product structure information. For that, the Multi Level Where Used tab in the Complete Where Used page would have this information.

Badge +4

Thanks Matt. I don’t see that the Complete Where Used page is a table view either.  Will we have to create a quick report in order to see multiple parts at once? Or are there any other options in IFS to see this data in a table view itself?