Question

How to set up product warranty in App 9

• 29 June 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Please share documentation on how to setup product warranty in IFS App-9.

Thank you,

Dorretta

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Dorretta,

Here are a couple of documents taking you through handling the warranty process and also includes setup of some custom fields/events which can help automate some of the steps if needed.

But the basic flow is to setup some default data on part catalog/sales part/purchase part and then decide on how you want to manage the cost/time associated with the flow.

Regards,

Antony

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Thank you.   Would you be able to share a document  to steps through setting up the defaults on part catalog/sales part/purchase part.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Dorretta,

I don’t have a document that covers this so essentially you need to decide what sort of warranty you are going to offer (in case of sales parts)

Firstly go to customer warranty type template and decide the type of warranty that you going to offer, and select what out of materials, expenses, time and external expenses are going to be recharged to the customer.

Then on the warranty condition table view, you can decide under what conditions warranty applies, e.g. for the first year, etc.

Then on the sales part, from the RMB you can create a warranty to apply to the part and choose one of the defined templates that you setup earlier.

This means that when you sell the part, the warranty will go with it.

For purchase parts, it is just the same except you setup the template in supplier warranty type template and attach it to a purchase part.

Regards,

Antony

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Hi @anbouk , can you please guide me on how can we claim a warranty from a supplier? Thank you.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Ravinatha,

Sorry but I don’t have a document to help you go through it for supplier warranty.

Regards,
Antony

Userlevel 6
Badge +10

Thank you @anbouk:slight_smile: