Solved

How to Disable a Work Center

• 18 November 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi! All,

One of our CNC machine is scraped.  Related work center in IFS can not be used anymore. I want disable this work center. So that user can not use it in routing, Shop Order operation, etc..

But I can not find how to disable/inactive it. There is no status field in WC. I try to change the Usage Code to planned. But it always say “Usage Code cannot be changed from Active to Planned”.

How can I inactive it? I use IFS 8.

Thanks in advance!

BR

Bright

icon

Best answer by Björn Hultgren 18 November 2021, 08:26

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

In newer IFS version there’s a validity flag on the work center (and basically all other basic data) that makes it possible to Hide, or Block the usage of that work center.

Unfortunately this is not available in apps 8. So I think you will have to go for some work around like naming it to “INACTIVE” in the description and try to use saved searched in LoV’s to filter those out. 

Or better, time to upgrade ;)

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

In newer IFS version there’s a validity flag on the work center (and basically all other basic data) that makes it possible to Hide, or Block the usage of that work center.

Unfortunately this is not available in apps 8. So I think you will have to go for some work around like naming it to “INACTIVE” in the description and try to use saved searched in LoV’s to filter those out. 

Or better, time to upgrade ;)

Thanks a lot!