Solved

How to create a new Lot Batch with zero Cost?

• 31 March 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Inventory Part has the Inventory Valuation method Standard Cost, Cost Per Lot Batch and Zero Cost Allowed

Business Purpose - I want to count in a new lot batch with zero cost.

I know how to modify Cost Level Details in the Inventory Part and receive the part at zero cost for the cost modified Lot / Batch Number only.

My question is how do I create a new lot batch with zero cost without having to go through modifying an existing lot batch no?

When I try to do ‘Count Per Inventory Part’ entering a brand-new Lot number, I am unable to count in with zero cost. It automatically takes the Unit Cost assigned to other lot batches, and thereby creates an inventory transaction without zero cost.

If I want to count in a new lot batch with zero inventory value, what should I do?

icon

Best answer by Lahiru Dissanayake 31 March 2021, 06:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Hi @EnzoFerrari , 

Have you tried to count in new lot using “Receive inventory part” window?. 

When you try to receive new lot using receive in part window, system will lead you to adjust the cost details for every new lot batch. 

The you’ll be able to receive the new lot at Zero cost as below. 

Many Thanks,

Lahiru 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Lahiru Dissanayake , thank you :pray:

I tried this now. Looks like its not affecting inventory transactions done under other lot numbers with non zero cost right? So it works for me :)

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@EnzoFerrari , 

Yes. It not affects other transactions created for the same part for different lot batches with non zero cots. 

Many Thanks,

-Lahiru -

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

One last question @Lahiru Dissanayake 

I heard that ‘Receive Inventory Part’ is not a recommended business practice compared to ‘Count Per Inventory Part’. 

Say, if I did a receive inventory part as you advised, do I have to do a count in separately now to have the correct stock level? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

Dear @EnzoFerrari , 

Normally we use “Receive inventory part” window to register miscellaneous receivals. But when you received parts using receive inventory part window it correctly updates the inventory records, where you can see in “inventory part in stock” window. 

You can use “Count per inventory part “ function to adjust the stock quantities against the physical quantity in the stock  when you are not going to create count report. 

so, as no need to do a separate count in after you received the parts from “Receive inventory parts”

Hope this is clear. 

Many Thanks,

-Lahiru- 

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Then I have no more questions sir. :)

Thank You and happy Easter @Lahiru Dissanayake :pray:

Userlevel 6
Badge +8

@EnzoFerrari ,

you’re welcome EnzoFerrari :slight_smile: and happy Easter you too.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

@Lahiru Dissanayake, additional question on this one: 

For a part that has ‘Cost Per Part’ at Inventory Part Cost level instead of ‘Cost Per Lot batch’, I am trying to receive at Inventory Part at zero unit cost. 

if I do that, it only calculates an average Unit Cost for the total in Inventory part in Stock right? (both for FIFO and Weighted Average Inventory Valuation methods)