Generate Calendar changed dates in Customer Order Line

• 27 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge
  • Do Gooder (Customer)
  • 0 replies

Hello!

We use APPS9. We installed an update for HR some days ago. After some calendar were in the status “ChangesPending”. At night, I started with the RMT functionality “Generate Calendar” a background job. They ended successfully.

After this action the dates “Planned Delivery Date” and “Planned Ship Date” in the mask “customer order” were changed automatically for the order lines which were in the status  “Reserved, Released and Partially Delivered” - but the calculation is not correct, it calculated like this: The Date on which I generated the calendar plus the reprocurement time of the part, e.g.14 days to produce the part:

In the mask “Order Line History” is the follwing entry: “Planned delivery date was changed from 2021-03-31 to 2021-04-20”.

The previous planned delivery date has been communicated to the customer, it can’t be shipped some weeks later. It also can’t be produced later.

Does anyone know if this is a bug? Is there a possibility to reverse the automatically changed dates? Do you have any other ideas to solve this issue?

Best regards, Ozzy

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I doubt it is a bug, mainly because there were changes pending found in the calendar.  This tells me that something changed on the calendar either to the length of the work day, the days off, the weekends, or something similar that has reduced the amount of available work time for the orders that were scheduled but not started.

You would have to investigate what was changed about the calendar from the way it was set previously.  Then it might be possible to remove those changes and regenerate the calendar and that could possibly set the dates back automatically.

Manipulating a calendar in a production environment or adding a new calendar in production is a dangerous evolution that has to be tested for this type of effect.  It can do many things you are not expecting otherwise, with the worst effect being to communicate to customers things have changed when they have not.

Userlevel 6
Badge +15

If any change is made to a calendar, e.g. increasing the end date or adding exceptions, the status is automatically set to Changes Pending. This implies that the calendar has to be regenerated in order for the changes to have any effect in the system.

The system cannot know in advance, what kind of changes that have been made, and hence when the calendar is regenerated, the system will check all dates in the Application, that are affected by the calendar. This does not only concern Customer Orders, but also Purchase Orders, Shop Orders, Material Requisitions etc.

If found that the dates that are controlled by the company are no longer work days, there is a need to move these dates, since the logic implemented in the system does not allow certain dates to be non-working days according to the to the calendar.

This is how the application usually behaves.

Hence I cannot exactly say that this is a bug.

However if you have any more doubts, it would be better to raise a support case and get the assistance.

Have a nice Day :relaxed:

Userlevel 1
Badge +7

Hi Ozzy,

We have the same problem at the end of each year when we extend the end date of the calendar.

In the meantime, have you found the reason for this behavior?

Have a good day ahead.

Best, Lidija