Solved

FMEA

• 24 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

Some questions about the FMEA module:

1. For the same failure, I can add multiple effects and causes. However, to have a correct RPN score, I want to link a specific cause with a specific effect. Currently, IFS always links the cause with the first effect of the list. How can I link it with the second effect?
  2. Is there a way to include/see if a FMEA for a subassembly has allready been done in the final assembly? Example: I have subbassemblies A and B, which I manufacture seperately. I have Product structure for C, which consists of A and B. I would like to see in my structure for C that I allready have a FMEA for A. You can check by going to the structure of A, but if A is used in many other structures that wouldn’t be convenient

Using APP10

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Peter Lundgren 24 March 2022, 12:06

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

Hi,

Each failure have one or many effects defined and each defined effect has a severity value. If the failure occur then all defined effects also occur. The effect with the highest defined severity ranking will be used in the RPN calculations for all causes connected to the same failure. So, it is not true that “IFS always links the cause with the first effect of the list”, it will use the failure effect with the highest severity value when calculating the RPN numbers for the connected causes.

There is no good way in the standard application to see the FMEA status in a multi-level product structure. Maybe you can solve this by adding some custom fields where needed.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Peter,

thank you very much. I’m sorry that I assumed IFS took the first one, in my case the first ones were indeed the ones with the highest score.

thanks, all clear!

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Peter, are you aware of any changes  to see the FMEA status in a multi-level product structure in Aurena? Did anything change there?

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

No, nothing has changed in Aurena.