Question

Failed Application message - repeatedly same

• 31 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi,

We have this reason repeating many times in the application messages when importing a file for production material issues from measurement equipment. Is sounds like there is some background job that is recalculating costs frequently, but we have not scheduled it so can it be something IFS Application is by standard running? We need to restart these and it cause problems every day and it is almost always on this particular material. Could it be some setup on the part that is wrong?

Thankful for some good input.

Regards,
Marika Solgård-Olli

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +15

Hi @Marika Solgård-Olli,

This might need some investigation to provide a solution to it. We need to check what is the process that locking the object and see how that can be improved. By the looks of it I do not think there is a problem with the setup. It is better to create a case to IFS and get a consultant look into this bit further.

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Hi Marika,

If your part’s cost level is set to Cost Per Part or it’s inventory valuation method set to Weighted average , this triggers a cost calculation and locking of the table for that record whenever there is a transaction, but the lock shouldn’t even take a second and once done it should release the lock. Please check whether there are background jobs running for recalculating cost on this part. This would need some technical investigations on why that particular part is always locked but if I simply put there is a database lock for that particular part. A Database restart should be a simple fix but keep on monitoring that part’s transactions.

Badge +1

Hi @Marika Solgård-Olli,

This might need some investigation to provide a solution to it. We need to check what is the process that locking the object and see how that can be improved myloweslife. By the looks of it I do not think there is a problem with the setup. It is better to create a case to IFS and get a consultant look into this bit further.

Hello,

Thanks for the update and quick reply. I'll be sure to keep an eye on this thread. Looking for the same issue.