Solved

Error to open files on IFS Report Designer

Badge +3

Hello Guys, I hope all of you were fine.

Can someone give me a tip about the error message on attached image? Happens for most of rdl files when I try to open some file. The strange is: I’m already appoiting to the the RD to correct version required on prompt:

BR

icon

Best answer by Rusiru Dharmadasa 8 April 2020, 08:18

View original

11 replies

Badge +3

Hello  anyone?

Userlevel 7
Badge +18

It looks like no one in the community has come across this error message. Let me see if someone on the support team can help!

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Edson,

There are different versions of IFS Report designers for different tracks. 

1. What kind of layouts you are going to preview.
  2. Please let me know the version of IFS Reports Designer tool. 

Badge +3

Hello Kristen / Minoshini,

Thank you by your answers.  I hope you were in safe.

1 - I’m trying files with .rdl version, this not happens for all files that I try to open.

2 - Tool version: 80.01.0475

BR

Edson

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Edson,

Ya.. we are safe.. I hope you too :relaxed:

Apparently you are not using the latest version of IFS Report Designer tool. The latest version you could have for APP8 is 08.02.9999. If there is a possibility to have the latest version, please go for it ..:slight_smile:

But you mentioned that this error occurs for only certain reports and not for all the reports. Probably this could happen if the layout is modified or created using a later version of IFS Report Designer tool such as a version which is released for IFS Applications 9 or a version which is not compatible for IFS Applications 8 version. Is there a possibility for that? 

Would you be able to provide a rdl layout of one of which causes this error? 

Badge +3

Hello again Minoshini, 

Attached the rdl file as example (with error messsage to open).

Sorry the beginner questions, I recently started to work with IFS and I’m gathering knowledgement. :grin:

Where can I get the new IFS Report Tool Version? I performed a search and didn’t find.

BR

Edson

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Edson,

Most probably you would need to request the newer tool setup files from IFS - please check how you normally get the tool from IFS - maybe you will need to create a case or request it from someone. 

Furthermore try the following, it will be a quick trick. 

Open the layout file (.rdl) in a text editor and replace the line <version>8.0-SP1(or later)</version> with <version>8.0</version>

Best Regards,

Rusiru

Badge +3

Hello Rusiru, 

Now I see the light!! :grin:

It helps a lot, through this can we edit reports?

BR

Edson

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

Hi Edson,

Yes it should work. But make sure to take a backup of your layout and test a simple modification just to make sure everything works as expected even after this trick. Normally this happens when report layouts are created, modified in different tool versions.

Best Regards,

Rusiru

Badge +3

Thanks a lot to all, Now it’s hands on…

BR

Edson Oliveira

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

Whenever upgrade version and open to old version report to new version then comes such kind of error,