Question

Engineering revision to purchase order

• 12 May 2021
  • 8 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +10
  • Hero (Employee)
  • 117 replies

Does anyone have a quick guide what to check when the Eng Rev is not filled on the Purchase Order?

This topic has been closed for comments

8 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @MR10 ,

Could you please check whether you have a Eng Rev at the below field?

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Is it possible to fetch this from the engineering part revision?

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

No. It comes from the inventory part.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

From my experience, the EPR and Description are automatically added each time you transfer an EPR.

If you create an IP without having an EPR, obviously it will not be there.

The connection of the IP revision with the EPR also allows any document revisions connected to the EPR to be shared across the IP and associated parts (Purchase Part, Sales Part, Product Structures, Routings).

Cheers,

Wade

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

Hi @MR10 ,

You will have to transfer the Eng Part Revision from the engineering side to manufacturing (i.e., Inventory Part). Then under the Inventory Part/Revision tab you will get to see the same Eng Part Revision number or else you can always set it manually in the Inventory Part/Revision tab.

However, if you are not transferring anything from the Eng Part Revision to manufacturing side then I suggest you to create a customer field in the PO line. Using that you can get the system to display the Eng Part Revision number. You might have to add some conditions for this custom field, such as show only the number of Eng Part Rev that is in “Released” state, etc. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +10

Thanks for the suggestion!

The only thing is, that the Revision No has to be filled in order to inherit the connected documents of the Engineering Revision… Would that also be possible with a custom field?

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

H @MR10 ,

I doubt that can be easily done. Someone will have to explore that technically, specially using “Object Connection Transformation” window and API methods.
In the worst case, might have to go for a customization.

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

You would have to manually connect the Document Revision to the IP at the same time as connecting it to the EPR.