Solved

Engineering Part Navigator - MULTILEVEL to Inventory Parts

• 18 March 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

I am using IFS10 Aurena

I have an Engineering Part Hierarchy created in Engineering Part Revisions.  I want to move / copy / push the entire Hierarchy to inventory parts.  21 Total Parts.

Can this be done all together or do I have to do each part individually?

icon

Best answer by Buddhika Kurera 19 March 2024, 04:50

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@clint1028 If I m not misunderstood your requirement, you need to do a All Level - Detailed transfer

Try Engineering > Manufacturing Standard > Transfer > Engineering Revision Transfer Actions 

Select Transfer Type = Detailed Transfer and Transfer Level = All Level Transfer in the assistant.

And then Confirm the transfer in Engineering > Manufacturing Standard > Transfer > Engineering Revision Transfer Status

This would then create the inventory parts in the site.

Hope this helps !

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi @clint1028,

As Buddhika already said, the complete BOM structure with all the parts it contains can be transferred and created as a inventory part. 
It is not relevant which transfer type you select. What is relevant is that you select "All Level Transfer" for the transfer level:

With "Single Level", only the selected part with the components it contains is transferred, but no further levels below it.

I hope this has helped to clarify the situation.

Userlevel 2
Badge +6

Just a follow up question.  Now that I have all the parts from the hierarchy in inventory can I view these parts in a hierarchy / BOM? 

Userlevel 6
Badge +13

@clint1028 Yes, you are able to find the BOM in the Engineering > Structure > Product Structure

Search for the top part of the structure. Based on the Provide Code of the Engineering Part, the system creates Manufactured type or Purchased type inventory parts with the structure.