Question

DOP pegged SO update setting

• 30 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

The default setting for ‘DOP pegged SO update’ (Inv part - manufacturing tab) is “Planned”. For parts with the supply type “Requisition”, this can not be changed to “Released”.

If I make a DOP with full level settings, i get pegged shop orders after netting and releasing (assuming I don’t have stock). Also for parts with the supply type “Requisition”. I want to update these shop orders if they are in released status, however due to the setting above I cannot do this: I first need to go to all DOP orders and change the setting there to overrule the setting on inventory part.

This is very time consuming in large DOP structure. Is there a faster way to change this for every part?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Out of curiosity. Why do you create the DOP structure for Full Level rather than for the DOP parts?

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

It depends on the use of the part in different DOP’s. We have instances where we would have a req supply type, but the underlying parts should be DOP (and vice versa). But that’s not possible. So we put it all on req and need full level.