Question

DOP Netting

• 17 June 2020
  • 5 replies

Hi All,

We have excess quantities on one DOP order ( Eg Purchase Order of Supply Type DOP), I want to use that excess quantities in other DOP for same part with same purchase order. 

Can we accomplish the same in DOP, if yes then how. Using Apps 10.

Thanks All,

HA

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

You can have a purchase order line (or shop order) with excess quantity that is netted and pegged to another DOP order. 

Example:

• DOP Order A with quantity 10 PCS is supplied by a pegged purchase order line with quantity 15 PCS
  • This means the purchase order line has 5 PCS as excess
  • Run netting for DOP order B requiring the same part will identify this excess and peg it to the DOP order.
  • This assumes the supply is available before  the required date for DOP order B
  • It also requires the DOP Order B Netting Supply has the “DOP Sourced Supply Orders” and/or “Invent Sourced Supply Orders” selected.

In apps 10 one DOP order A cannot have excess to be used by another DOP order B. excess is handled by the supply orders directly.

Hi,

Thanks for the reply!

I closely followed your reply. Still no luck. 

May b i am doing something wrong. whatever I have done I have attached in excel. Please check. let me know If I have missed something.

Thank You,

HA

Hi,

I was going through the DOP PDF given on IFS Academy. There it is clearly mentioned that It is no longer possible to net a DOP order from another DOP order.. Check the attached ss for your information.

Thanks 

HA

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@imharshit003  A couple of things to be aware of here:

• Changing quantity on the DOP header will not automatically update the quantity on the DOP order, or the supply orders. If you change the DOP header quantity and want this to be pushed to the entire structure, first use the Update Top Level Quantity option to align the quantity of the top DOP order with the header. Then from the top DOP order use Propagate Quantity Upstreams. If the DOP order is released by then you will get a question whether to also replicate the quantity change to the supply orders (the PO in your case). To create a PO excess you should answer No to that.
  • You manually changed the quantity for the DOP order for part HA-DOPNET. However, the PO is pegged to the DOP order for part HA-DOPNET PCG. This means you never created any excess of the PO relative the pegged DOP order. You only managed to create an excess between the DOP orders for HA-DOPNET PCG and HA-DOPNET. That is what the alarm indicates

To try the netting from a PO excess in the most simple way I would recommend to simply increase the PO quantity without replicating that change to the DOP order.

I also really encourage reading the about DOP Alarms topic in the online documentation. This helps you to interpret all types of DOP alarms and suggested ways to resolve them.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

having similar issues.

• I create a DOP, which generates a shop order
  • I raise the lot size of the shop order
  • I now have an excess: I produce more in my SO then needed for the DOP. Only the orignal amount is pegged to the DOP.
  • I raise a new DOP, which needs the part that is made in the Shop order above.
  • However, if i net, the SO above is not seen.

DOP Sourced supply Orders is on, netting parameter is on Netting, I manually net but nothing happens. Any Ideas?

Setting of the to be netted order: