Question

Disabling the 'Detach' option for documents in SO Conditionally

• 23 October 2023
  • 2 replies

Badge +2

We would like to control the ‘Detach’ option in Document Management. The requirement would be specifically to have few users with the ‘Detach’ capability for specific Document Classes and have the rest of the users in ‘View’ access. 

Further, we would like to control this by window level. We only need the capability of controlling the ‘Detach’ option in the Shop Order window and it should work as expected in other windows. 

When I tried the Access levels in Document Basics it overrides from somewhere. I created a Group with all the users and given access level as ‘View’ for the specific Document Class. Then I included the special person IDs into the Document Class with ‘Admin’ access. This did not work. 

Then I tried to remove the following permission from the allocated permission sets. 

DOC_REFERENCE_OBJECT_API.Remove

Still I could see the Detach RMB option for the user and the user is able to remove the document from the shop order window. 

What would be the approach to have this configured in IFS? 

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

As Document Administrators, if you set the Connection Status to Locked, it cannot be detached.

Badge +2

Thank you for the suggestion. 

If enabled how should we control for specific users?