Solved

Cycle count automatically

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

hello everyone! I need your help with some steps or screenshots if you can. I have a problem with count report, we are taking to much time counting the parts because there are thousands and we are late sometimes. we want the IFS10 do it automatically. because they are classified by A,B and C. There are any way to do a cycle count automatically?

Any idea would help, please.

icon

Best answer by Thushitha Chandrasiri 5 July 2021, 16:01

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

11 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

I don’t even know what that would mean….who is doing the count of the item on the shelf?  IFS can’t do that.  Do you mean upload the results automatically?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Hi @RoanyNF ,

@ShawnBerk is correct we need more details on what you would like IFS to perform automatically.  Auto generating the count report is possible but humans must still perform the counting.

Regards,

William Klotz

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Yes, it is.

I mean Auto generating the count report. We do the count report each day manual but we have thousands of pieces, so we want to do the results automatically to save time. for example en ifs they are classified by A,B and C so each day we want to count all of the pieces classified in A automatically and same for B and C. PLEASE HELP, I don't know how to do it.

Hi @RoanyNF ,

@ShawnBerk is correct we need more details on what you would like IFS to perform automatically.  Auto generating the count report is possible but humans must still perform the counting.

Regards,

William Klotz

Yes, it is.

I mean Auto generating the count report. We do the count report each day manual but we have thousands of pieces, so we want to do the results automatically to save time. for example en ifs they are classified by A,B and C so each day we want to count all of the pieces classified in A automatically and same for B and C. PLEASE HELP, I don't know how to do it.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I don’t even know what that would mean….who is doing the count of the item on the shelf?  IFS can’t do that.  Do you mean upload the results automatically?

Yes, it is.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @RoanyNF ,

If you want to run the “Create Count Report” daily automatically in a scheduled time, you can definitely schedule to run it on a specified time.

There, you can define to which parameters the task should be run. If you want the count report to be run separately for each ABC class, you can create 3 separate schedules, by defining the relevant ABC class in the Advanced option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Hi @RoanyNF ,

If you want to run the “Create Count Report” daily automatically in a scheduled time, you can definitely schedule to run it on a specified time.

There, you can define to which parameters the task should be run. If you want the count report to be run separately for each ABC class, you can create 3 separate schedules, by defining the relevant ABC class in the Advanced option.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Thank you so much. That's what i was talking about. I will try this, I am sure that it would help me a lot.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

@RoanyNF , you are most welcome !

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

@RoanyNF , you are most welcome !

HI AGAIN! I create a count report of A , B and C but when I want to check the status said the one of them that is A y ready and was successfully created but B and C appear with a warning status. I schedule daily and I am trying with deafferents hours but when i refresh anything appear or i am doing something wrong.

I DON’T KNOW WHAT MEANS FREQUENCY CLASS AND LIFECYCLE STAGE

I created A, B and C but just appear the first one and can I schedule A, B AND C at the same time but separated.

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @RoanyNF ,

They are in the Inventory Part record. see below.

When you set the parameters in the schedule such that the ABC Class is A, then it runs the count report for all the inventory parts which have the ABC Class A.

Thanks,

Userlevel 5
Badge +9

where do I found this report in IFS.Can we export it in excel.

Regard

Deepak Navale

Userlevel 7
Badge +19

where do I found this report in IFS.Can we export it in excel.

Regard

Deepak Navale

It can be accessed from the Count Reports window in IFS. If you click the ‘Output’ at the bottom of the window, you can get the excel output (IFS10) 

Please read more on ABC Analysis through this post.