Question

CTO-Copy configuration Structure Revision

• 4 August 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I am trying to copy the configuration structure revision and the system is giving me an error “mismatch”

please see screen shots.

I am in CTO- APP10

Thank you

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

That means something has changed in your structure that now isn’t valid with the configuration structure rules that are in place.  Did you copy the rules first before making the revision?

Check the rules and see if you can discern what is connected to something in the new revision that is no longer there.

Badge +2

I have a Part # 908 which is a CTO.

I also copied Part # 908 to another Part # 908B (They both are identical in the set up)

Is it possible to copy the configuration revision from 908  to another part 908B?

Thank you for your answer Shawn

LJR

Userlevel 7
Badge +28

Hmm, now we have to be specific.  You copied the Master Part or the Master Part and Inventory Part?   Something else? Have to be specific about which part(s) was copied.

Then, the configuration structure can be copied over from one to the other, then the revision can be updated.  But they have to be done in a sequence mostly from the bottom up.  Part then structure then revision then rules.  Usually you don’t copy the revision rather the revision release should be its own step when that revision is ready for release.

We don’t copy the total setup, rather build each revision the same way we would do a new part, the only difference is that some pieces can be copied to save time, but we don’t try to copy the entire setup.  it is hard to say where IFS has found something it doesn’t like, but I would start from the beginning and check each step, it may not be easy to find.