Creation of design object structure and conversion into equipment structure

• 29 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +4
  • Do Gooder (Partner)
  • 5 replies

I've been trying to use asset design and project functionalities to create structures that can later be converted into equipment structures for maintenance purposes.

The business case is a company that needs to have default equipment structures that serve as template without referencing particular serial parts, and, that unlike serial of funtional structures, can be easily copied with all of their components. I

've been trying to understand which steps are needed to create design object structure and later convert it to an equipment structure. Does someone know what I could be missing?

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +8

I've been trying to use asset design and project functionalities to create structures that can later be converted into equipment structures for maintenance purposes.

The business case is a company that needs to have default equipment structures that serve as template without referencing particular serial parts, and, that unlike serial of funtional structures, can be easily copied with all of their components. I

've been trying to understand which steps are needed to create design object structure and later convert it to an equipment structure. Does someone know what I could be missing?

I’d like to add to this request as to how to create a large structure pseudo automatically by being able to migrate them in from an internal IFS function (project deliverables?  Issues of materials within the project or an excel type functionality) so that we can capture not only the objects and the structures of those objects.