Question

Component Scrap Reason

• 24 November 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hello, 

I have noticed some system behavior that is causing issues for us when users are reporting component scrap. On the Report Component Scrap screen in IFS, it appears that a user can simply type any value into the Scrap Reason field and save the record. This is problematic, as users are reporting scrap and typing in random numbers, which do not help identify the cause of the scrap. The LOV for Scrapping Causes is there and can be accessed. Is there a way to prevent free text entry into this field, similar to how the normal scrap action prevents this?

Normal scrapping process will not allow this behavior:

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you can report component scrap with any value in Scrap Reason field I believe it is a bug. Please report a support case.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Björn Hultgren I thought that same thing. As I was reading through the help, it seemed to indicate that this was done intentionally by IFS:

This seems to make no sense though, as the field is an LOV and the Scrap Part does not behave in this manner. This system behavior would lend itself to continual errors as employees keyed incorrect data in.

Regardless, I will open a case with IFS to see. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I think the help text refers to that you can either manually type in a (valid) scrap reason, or select one using LoV

I tried in the Aurena client and there I must select or enter a valid scrap reason, It will not accept any text.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@Björn Hultgren Thank you for checking! I’ve just opened a case with IFS. Will report back the result of the case.