Question

Compare Manufacturing Structures configurations

• 27 February 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

how can we compare the structure of 2 configurations?

I’m looking for a screen like “Compare Manufacturing Structures”, but with adding an configuration ID as well.

Thank you!

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

@First Employee ,  I believe you are referring to Configuration Structures. “Compare Manufacturing Structures” is to compare the Components and Quantities. Configuration Structure does not carry the  Configuration ID, because you give the configuration in an Order, not in the Structure. 

If you use “Configuration Specifications Usage” window, you can find the Configuration IDs and where they are used.  

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi Aan,

indeed, comparing components is what I want to do. What is, in components, the difference between configuration A and configuration B?

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Dear @First Employee ,

You can try “Compare DOP Structures” screen.

You may need to create some custom fields to get CONFIGURATION_ID in the DOP header screen.

Once you get configuration ID in the DOP header, it is easy to find DOP_ID you want. Then you can compare structures with “Compare DOP structures”

I hope it helps!

Kind Regards

Ozgun Bal

Badge +1

Dear @First Employee , 

We are looking for the same kind of functionalities. 

Business case : we allow our customer to ask for Customer order configuration modification. Before internal validation, we want to evaluate the impacts of the configuration modification. (impacts on BoMs and routings). 

We don’t want to create every time a new DOP to perform the evaluation. The customer create an Interim order to store the new configuration requested. 

The comparison is performed using “Product estimate management” screen. 

1- Creation of an estimate for the “old” configuration

2- Creation of an estimate for the “new” configuration

3- Use of the “compare” functionality → Unfortunately, when BoM are too big/deep, the comparison don’t work (it is working well on small products. 

The good point of this functionality is the possibility of a comparison throught several sites. 

Let us know how did you managed to finally deal with your issue ! 

Kind regards

Clément