Question

Compare Engineering Part Revision "Consists of"

• 30 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I’m wondering if there is a way to compare two Engineering Part Revision “consists of” structures, prior to transferring to site.  

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @curtyJ ,

You can always make use of the reports which are available from engineering part revision screen to view multiple level structure and also to compare and find the difference between the engineering part revisions before you initiate the transfer.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

You can use the Compare Engineering Structures page to perform a single-level comparison of two Engineering Part Revisions if you have performed a Detailed Transfer for each revision. In this page, perform a search for each part/revision combination in the Comparator and Comparatee sections.

After this, if it is determined that one of the revisions should not be transferred, in the Engineering Structure Transfer Graphic page you can cancel the transfer job of this revision.

Badge +2

This is the compare feature I’m used to but was hoping there was something a bit easier.  We have a dedicated user who handles all of the transfers in our organization, so the  majority of Engineering personnel are not privy to the revision transfer screens.  

I’ll see what I can do with the Compare Engineering Structures page, and hopefully utilize that the best I can.