Change Part Description

• 16 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 547 replies

Hi, Community,

for some reason, Part Description needs to be changed. i don’t think it difficult to change it via migration job, but since it’s a global description, it was brought forward to, for example, Inventory Part, Purchase Part, sales part, supplier for purchase part….

my question is, shall we have to change one by one(inventory part, sales part, purchase part….) or we have a smart way other than that?

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi Ron,

I think you have to do it in each window separately. But have some options on some records. If the site setting “Use Part Catalog Description as Description for Inventory Part” check box is checked for each site, when you change the part description on the Part Catalog record, the inventory part description in relevant sites will also be automatically updated. But the corresponding purchase part, supplier for purchase part (SFPP) and sales part will not be updated automatically.

And if you change the part description of the Purchase part in a specific site, relevant SFPP records will be automatically updated with the updated description.

Those are the options for automatically updating.  Sales part records we have to manually update.

Since you are using migration jobs, it would not be much difficult. Anyway, you can set up some custom events with actions that will trigger a change in the part description in the part catalog record, and do the changes in the part description fields in all connected records. But, I prefer updating each type of record via a migration job, since it validates all the validations within IFS (For inventory part record and the SFPP record, you can obviously rely on the options I have explained above)

Thanks,

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@ronhu Once change the master part description, sales part, inventory part, purchase part descriptions are updated if you enable below setting in the site.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Rasika Lakmal 

@ThushAsanka 

Thank you all.

@Rasika Lakmal  did you work on a case of customer BUYERS PRODUCT before?

Userlevel 7
Badge +17

@ronhu was is related to WADACO?

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Rasika Lakmal correct. it was me raised this case, but unfortunately i am not able to follow it up.

how is BUYERS PRODUCT going?

Thank you.