Question

Change Management

• 12 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Does anyone here use Change Management in IFS Cloud? We are new to IFS and in our current system every new product set up is driven by Change Requests/Change Orders. I can’t seem to find any topics on this site related to Change Management.

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @aspooner ,

Below is the standard IFS process flow which is used for new product design. I have also provided the link for the same, please click on change request & change order options for more details.

5.1 Design Standard Product (ifs.com)

Let me know if you need anymore details on this!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Badge +1

Thank you. I do have this. What I’m looking for are tips/suggestions for Change Order actions. We currently use numerous different types of actions for setting up products. The actions need to be completed by various individuals and all actions need to be completed prior to a new product becoming active. For example, our standard action list has about 30 different actions that need to be done. 

In IFS these action lists need to be created manually under each change order whereas in our current system I am able to have a number of different action lists that I can choose from when starting a change order. 

I’m hoping that there are others out there that use Change Order in a similar way that may have some insights.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @aspooner ,

We could have achieved this to an extent in the previous version using the below option, but unfortunately we don't see this option in cloud. 

I believe this requirement can be easily achieved through configurations.

Regards,

Mithun K V