Question

Change engineering part revision

• 27 October 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

During receipt of a part, the engineering part revision was manually changed. We want to sent the part back to the supplier, but it gives an error which we assume is because this engineering part revision change.

Is there a way to change the engineering part revision back, so we can do the return to supplier?

Thank you!

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Can you describe this in a little more detail with screenshots? It's very difficult to see what the problem could be. Thanks.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

How can I change the engineering part revision of a part?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

You can change the engineering part revision of an inventory part here:

But I am not sure if this is really the cause of the behaviour. I was not aware until now that the Eng Rev is relevant for the purchase order, but only the Inventory Part Rev.

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Thanks! Can we do this for parts in stock?

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

When you change the Eng Rev on the inventory part, this is automatically updated in the "Inventory Parts in Stock" for all stocks with the corresponding "Inventory Part Rev".

Before:

After:

Only the "Inventory Part Rev" is relevant for the system. The Eng Rev is "only" additional information. It is therefore not possible to have different Eng Revs for the same "Inventory Part Rev".

I hope this clarifies a few things.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi Merten,

If the question has been clarified for you, please enter it as "solved". Thank you.