Solved

Change Cost Element description

• 8 September 2023
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi!

We created a new cost element and it is used in cost bucket already. Then we find we need change the description from Finish to English. Seems it cannot be changed. How can I change it? Update it from Oracle database directly? If update DB, is there other table field need change together also?

We use IFS 8.

icon

Best answer by dameenda 8 September 2023, 11:39

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

The Description Should be able to edit directly.

Please check if the logged user is granted with enough permissions to edit.

Also should be possible to edit from the Basic Data Translation window by Searching for the Module = Cost and the Logical Unit = CostElement

Here it is possible to enter different descriptions for different languages so that the corresponding description is displayed based on the logged language.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Thanks Dameenda!

I use account IFSAPP,  have no right to change cost element description yet. Is there some system user which has higher right than IFSAPP?

I add translation line followed your instruction. It shows English description in Cost Element now. 

One more question, I have no right to add text in filed Installation Text when add new translation line. IFSAPP have no right to edit it?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi;

Usually IFSAPP user is given all the rights and calls the Application Owner user, But it can be modified by your administrator.

Please check with a system administrator regarding which user is granted with all the permissions, for this one any user who is granted with read and write permissions for the Cost Module is sufficient.

Seems like the user you are using is not granted with necessary permissions.

You can search for users who is granted with permissions if you are granted with permissions to view Grand permission Set to User (I think that is the window in APPS8 which is looking like a matrix)

.That Granted Permission set (IFSAPP_FULL) need to be granted with Quary and Save for Cost Elements at least.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi! 

Thanks for your quick reply first even at weekend!

I use  account IFSAPP.  Permission set IFS_ALL is granted to IFSAPP. And IFS_ALL has edit right to Cost Element.

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

It is not very clear whether read only or edit is granted.

Could you do the below and see;

and then 

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi!

I did it follow your instruction. No help. Maybe the field Description is not changable. It is red font.