Question

CBS - Unhandled Exception

• 18 March 2022
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi All,

I’m getting below error when installing CBS in a customer application server. This customer is in Apps10 UPD13. CBSSERVER user is active in application and db. Also, it is possible access the db using sqlplus. Can anyone help to solve this issue?

Thanks,

Dilshani

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Badge +2

I got the same error. Windows Server 2016, Oracle Client 19c 64bit, Apps10 UPD13.

The CBS works only with 32 bit version of Oracle client.

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

LABAHU is correct about the 32 bit version of Oracle client when using CBS.  This is likely the cause of the Oracle error shown above.  Make sure the CBSSERVER user’s credential is valid (it’s case sensitive, of course).  Also make sure to use the correct version of CBS installation media, i.e. probably the one from the most recent UPD-level delivery, when installing.

Also, once the Oracle connectivity issue has been resolved, note there is Manufacturing-related configuration which should be done prior to (or concurrent with) CBS server installation.  Make sure the CBSSERVER user has been authorized for the company and site which is intended for use with the CBS process.  Once the initial installation has been completed the CBS service will throw errors unless this has been done and at least one valid flow has been created for the service.  A business analyst with background in Manufacturing can help in this area.

Badge +1

Make sure the CBSSERVER user’s credential is valid (it’s case sensitive, of course).  Also make sure to use the correct version of CBS installation media, i.e. probably the one from the most recent UPD-level delivery, when installing.