Question

Capacity of people in work orders and shop orders

• 28 March 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +11

Hi,

we have persons to be scheduled for work orders and shop orders. However, if we take a look at APB, the person allready scheduled for a work order is still 100% available to be planned for shop orders.

How can we change this that people who are planned for work orders are not available for shop orders at the same moment?

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

@First Employee ,

I have tested this and facing the same issue. Available capacity of the resource is showing 100% even though some hours on that day is already allocated to work order. I have tested with both using resource calendar & HR schedule but no luck.

You can report this to IFS support.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 4
Badge +7

@First Employee ,

I have tested this and facing the same issue. Available capacity of the resource is showing 100% even though some hours on that day is already allocated to work order. I have tested with both using resource calendar & HR schedule but no luck.

You can report this to IFS support.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Hi Mithun,

May I ask how you tested the APB with HR schedules? We are trying to figure out with HR and Manufacturing how this all works based on the statement below.

“Employees schedules and rules will not be used by AP”.

Any insight is much appreciated.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @alicedc91 

No, I haven't tested it with HR schedule.

HR schedules will be used in other resource planning where you can find a option filter by resource availability when you try to allocate the resource in the work order where system will display only those resource who have enough time to accommodate the work.

Its unfortune that ABP doesn't uses the HR schedule.

One option I can think in order to block the resources for the hours already allocated for maintenance work from manufacturing allocation is by doing maintenance import but it needs to fulfil the below pre-requisites

• The task site should be the same site where the import is done for.
  • The task should be connected to a object which represents a work center resource or a tool instance.
  • The operational status on the task should be Obstructive.
  • Planned finish date on the task has to be defined and should be before the end of the scheduling horizon
  • Planned start date on the task has to be defined and should be after the start of the scheduling horizon.
  • The task status should be Under Preparation, PreparedReleased or Started.
  • The execution time ( planned start/finish) needs to be defined on the task.

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V