Solved

Can not edit phase out date in BOM

• 14 March 2022
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi!

I user IFS 8. Now I can not edit field phase out date in BOM. Why and how can I solve it?

icon

Best answer by Bright Zhao 16 March 2022, 01:41

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

6 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

Search for the part in the ‘Part Revisions’ screen and change the Phase Out Date there.

Note that if you start changing Phase In/Phase Out dates, the Phase In Date of any component part must be earlier than or equal to the Phase In Date of the parent part to prevent date conflicts.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi,

Search for the part in the ‘Part Revisions’ screen and change the Phase Out Date there.

Note that if you start changing Phase In/Phase Out dates, the Phase In Date of any component part must be earlier than or equal to the Phase In Date of the parent part to prevent date conflicts.

Thanks! @Richard Owen 

One more question.

This part should be Purchae(Raw). But user set it as Purchased by mistake. And created a purchase type BOM also by mistake. The BOM status is buildable. We want delete this BOM. How can we delete or disable it?

I try to retire it. But it popup error message as follow.

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Hi,

I think you have a couple of problems with this.

In order to change the Part Type to ‘Purchase(Raw)’ you will need to delete the ‘Purchase’ Product Structure header, but you can’t do that because the status is ‘Buildable’.

Even if you could change the status to Retired/Obsolete I don’t think you could then change the Part Status back to ‘Purchase(raw)’ anyway.

So the question I would now ask is this;

If the part is set up as Part Type ‘Purchased’ (instead of Purchase(Raw)) and the Product Structure is now Phased Out (although not Retired/Obsolete) does it really matter anyway?

The customer will still be able to purchase the part in the normal way, and will just need to be aware of any demands for the purchase part which exist prior to the Phase Out Date as the system may start planning for the component parts when (say) MRP is run.

Although it is a bit annoying for the customer, I think they should choose this option and see how it goes.  It is certainly the preferred option in my opinion, and we shouldn’t even consider any sort of data correction job or scripts - I think it is too risky and ultimately, not really worth it.

I hope that this helps.

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi,

I think you have a couple of problems with this.

In order to change the Part Type to ‘Purchase(Raw)’ you will need to delete the ‘Purchase’ Product Structure header, but you can’t do that because the status is ‘Buildable’.

Even if you could change the status to Retired/Obsolete I don’t think you could then change the Part Status back to ‘Purchase(raw)’ anyway.

So the question I would now ask is this;

If the part is set up as Part Type ‘Purchased’ (instead of Purchase(Raw)) and the Product Structure is now Phased Out (although not Retired/Obsolete) does it really matter anyway?

The customer will still be able to purchase the part in the normal way, and will just need to be aware of any demands for the purchase part which exist prior to the Phase Out Date as the system may start planning for the component parts when (say) MRP is run.

Although it is a bit annoying for the customer, I think they should choose this option and see how it goes.  It is certainly the preferred option in my opinion, and we shouldn’t even consider any sort of data correction job or scripts - I think it is too risky and ultimately, not really worth it.

I hope that this helps.

Hi! @Richard Owen 

I don’t need change Part Type to Purchase (Raw). Purchase is ok for me,  then we can create PO in IFS. But we really mind the BOM. The buyer maybe make mistake someday in future when create new PO. Maybe the buyer release the PO as sub-contract PO, with material. 

If can not delete or inactive the BOM,  I will inform users becareful it.

Thanks for your quick reply!

Userlevel 3
Badge +7

Hi,

You definitely cannot delete a Product Structure once made Buildable. I would consider setting the Purchase Structure to Obsolete, and then up-rev the IP revision so that it is no longer linked to the Purchase Structure. This way there will be no confusion for the Buyer. Yes, the Part Type would still be Purchased, but there is no risk of treating it as Sub-Contract as there would be no equivalent Product Structure revision.

Cheers,

Wade

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hi,

You definitely cannot delete a Product Structure once made Buildable. I would consider setting the Purchase Structure to Obsolete, and then up-rev the IP revision so that it is no longer linked to the Purchase Structure. This way there will be no confusion for the Buyer. Yes, the Part Type would still be Purchased, but there is no risk of treating it as Sub-Contract as there would be no equivalent Product Structure revision.

Cheers,

Wade

@Richard Owen 

Really good idea. Thanks!