Question

Availability Control ID Tracking

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

I have looked at the closed topic on Availability Control but I still am not able to see who changed the part numbers Availability Control ID.

Any help? The logging is turned on but I can’t search with the part number or anything. Would like to see who changed it to the current value.

Thank you

12 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @mpmysight ,

Please check whether history logging is turned on right table and actions. If history logging is on you can see who has changed the current value. Please find the below screenshot 

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Badge

Okay so If you have enable logging in your system and the changes to the Availability Control ID were made recently, you may be able to find information about the change in the system logs. However, it may not be easy to identify who made the change unless you have set up specific tracking mechanisms or have access to detailed audit logs.

One approach to identifying the user who made the change is to review the access logs for the system and identify who accessed the system around the time when the change was made. You can also check if there are any security policies in place that restrict access to the Availability Control ID field and narrow down the list of possible users who could have made the change.

It's worth noting that in some cases, users may have legitimate reasons for changing the Availability Control ID. Therefore, it's important to approach the investigation with an open mind and not jump to conclusions until you have gathered all the facts.

If you are unable to determine who made the change, you may want to consider implementing stricter access controls or using a third-party auditing tool to track changes in your system.
Price Chopper Direct Connect

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hi @mpmysight ,

Please check whether history logging is turned on right table and actions. If history logging is on you can see who has changed the current value. Please find the below screenshot 

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Hi @EqeMithuV 

Thank you very much for the very helpful guidelines. The screenshot come in handy too.

The logging is enable for the table but unfortunately I can’t seem to find any logging details/record history (when I click the part and choose View » Record History.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @mpmysight ,

After enabling history logging, did you change the availability control ID ? The history will be recorded for the changes that happened after enabling history logging.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Yes it was changed after the control history logging was enabled

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @mpmysight ,

To enable the history command, which lets end users view the history, the user must have QUERY grants on the logical unit History Log.

Probably you might be missing this access rights. Please grant the above right to view the history logging.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

Hello @EqeMithuV,
I have granted the Query rights but I guess the History Log doesn’t exist anymore!

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @mpmysight ,

What value you have set for Remove History older Than (days). Based on this history logging will be deleted automatically.

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

It is set to 365 days (1 Year)

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @mpmysight ,

Could you please run the Generate Trigger for Component. This will resolve , if for some reason there is a mismatch between the settings and actual triggers in the database 

If in case you are looking for the changes done by the other user, then you should have the Administrator access. End users cannot see the history log of other user and if you need to do so then please find the below work around proposed by IFS. 

Why is it that end users can only see history log records for own changes ? | IFS Community

Hope this helps!!

Regards,

Mithun K V

Userlevel 1
Badge +6

The option is grayed out here as well.

Userlevel 6
Badge +17

Hi @mpmysight 

Are you looking for the changes done by the other user, if then you should have the Administrator access. End users cannot see the history log of other user and if you need to do so then please find the below work around proposed by IFS. 

Why is it that end users can only see history log records for own changes ? | IFS Community

Regards,

Mithun K V