Automatic Reservation by Operation

• 17 March 2022
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +16
  • Hero (Customer)
  • 552 replies

Community,

We would like the shop order to be reserved by operation. my question is, shall this “Shop Order Process Type -  Reserve Shop Order” in Manufacturing Standard Basic Data work? we already have the operation connected BOM.

Thank you.

This topic has been closed for comments

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

If you reserve a shop order automatically using the “Shop Order Process Type”, I don’t think it is possible to only reserve material  linked to specific operations. It will simply reserve the entire order (all material lines with a reserve/issue method set to reserve or reserve and backflush) when its start date is within the time specified on the process type.

In IFS Cloud 22R1 it is also possible to base the reservation on the required date of the material line rather than the  shop order start date. Since the required date of a material line is dependent on the operation this might help you (when upgrading to this new version of course).

Else I think the best is to select the relevant orders in the Shop Orders page and use the Reserve option. In the dialog you can specify the operations for which you want to reserve the material

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Björn Hultgren Thank you for your input. we are on APP10 UPD9. Seems like system does not support this function, that might be the pain, because we really do need to let system do the reservation as we might have hundreds of shop orders at a time, but need to have the picking prepared just in time.

Thank you.

Userlevel 7
Badge +16

@Björn Hultgren I think we might have work around. the material required date is the one we might could take advantage of to utilize this auto process type feature.

Thank you.

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

@ronhu, we are facing the same challenge. If you have found a solution, would you like to share it with me?

/Kerstin