Question

Assortment classification part no

• 14 August 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

In the setup of a master part one is able to connect the part to an assortment. In that form it is possible to include a Classification Part No. In IFS23R1, there is no help text on this.

Anyone an idea what the functionality is behind this?

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

Hi,

The field description on the Part Master Data > Assortment page says the following:
A unique identifier to define a part according to the classification standard. The classification part number helps to identify a part based on the industry it belongs to.

At the end it is a free text field with 25 characters to build up an additional classification if needed. It is not a mandatory field, so if there is no use in the use case it does not need to be filled.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

@MikeCH Thanks for the quick reply. IFS Cloud field description, nor the help text is mentioning anything of this. It makes things more clear.

Oddly, in IFS23R1, when I enter A as Classification Part No and PCS as Classification UoM I get the following error:

So it seems to check the entry against a Classification Standard. In our setup we have:

Tried again but now used EAN part number (according to definition it must be 12 or 13 numbers) 5901234512345 and PCS

Debug doesn't help as it tries to use Part_Handling_SVC.CRUD_Update. I have no access to this SVC, so don't know what is going on in the business rules.

Seems that I have to connect somewhere in the assortment which classification standards is used.