Question

Apps9 Manufacturing Tool Calibration

• 23 April 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

Hello,

We are just starting to use manufacturing tools and I’ve managed to get our inspection gauges (job specific) into here too. I have seen that you can state when last calibrated and the interval time and this calculates when it next requires calibration. However I can not see any standard functionality in Apps9 to see who calibrates and how to see when calibrations are required apart from going into each record. Am I missing something or will I need to do some customization with reports and custom fields for supplier of calibration? Or is it simpler to link to a serial object and use the service and maintenance module to do this?

Thanks for any input here, much appreciated. 

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hi @sholmes

To me, it seems that it is better to link the required Tool IDs with an Object in service and maintenance side. Since IFS has given an built-in option to link an object ID into a tool instance in the Tool screen, we can add a PM action plan (we can name/configure the PM action plan based on the calibration plan accordingly) for the connected object in service and maintenance side. And if it is required, we can create event and event actions to update the Last calibration Date in the Tool screen upon completing the task generated by the PM action.

Best Regards

Thushitha