Question

Apps. 10 - Unable to Reserve Material to Shop Order

• 7 December 2022
  • 3 replies

Badge +3

Hello Everyone,

While reserving the 48X40X30-CRATE-PARTS product on a shop order, the system shows the following Information Message and will not allow me to reserve the required quantities to the shop order:

“The requested quantity of availability check enabled component part 48X40X30-CRATE-PARTS for shop order 25774-*-* could not be reserved.  The availability check shows there are not enough supplies to satisfy the existing demands if reservation is done….”

There are 84 crate parts available per the Inventory Part Availability Planning screen and I only need Qty 4 to fulfill the shop order. Seems like the system is requiring more to be ordered before it will allow me to reserve what is available.

Can someone explain what is happening here.  Is there a workaround in place to handle this issue?

Thanks,

Rick Messina

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Can you share a screenshot of the IPAP page for this component and highlight the shop order to which you are trying to reserve it?

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

HI;

As the message says, Availability Check has been enabled for the component part.

So when you try to reserve this component part to an Order and when there is not sufficient Stocks, system creates and keeps the Shortage information for that part until it is resolved, mainly by receiving enough stocks.

You can see and Resolve or Clear the Shortages in “Resolve Shortages for Inventory Part”

Until then you cannot automatically reserve this component part to a Shop Order, but you can use Manual Reservation until existing Stock is consumed.

Badge +3

Hello Matt and Dameenda,

Many thanks for your guidance here.  I will share this resolution with the business and ask them to test it in our IFS Test system.

FYI>Once we unchecked the Availability Check box on the inventory part record, we were able to reserve the part to the shop order.  I know it’s not the ideal solution but wanted to let you know.

Thanks,

Rick