Question

Applying rework labor without a rework shop order

• 14 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +6

We are using shop floor workbench and are wanting to capture Cost of Poor Quality by recording labor to a rework category.  Our product usually has “fit” difficulties in assembly and would prefer to be able to clock into a transaction type of rework versus having to create a rework shop order.  Does anyone else have any experience in this category?

5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +5

You could add an operation to the SO as needed for this purpose.

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

You could add an operation to the SO as needed for this purpose.

The drawback to this approach is the operation quantity for the added rework operation is for the lot size of the shop order, assuming no op scrap reported yet. Customer may need to only rework 2 on a lot size of 50. Affects costs, operation run time, scheduling, etc. Need to have capability to add an operation for a discrete operation quantity.

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

@matt.watters  I believe many customers would benefit if it was possible to add a rework operation to a shop order for a partial quantity, and also to be able to follow up this cost separately. I don’t recall having seen this being requested in any official channel, so please consider creating a request on the community Idea section! 

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

@matt.watters  I believe many customers would benefit if it was possible to add a rework operation to a shop order for a partial quantity, and also to be able to follow up this cost separately. I don’t recall having seen this being requested in any official channel, so please consider creating a request on the community Idea section! 

@Björn Hultgren I just entered it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +9

Re-working is a common need in the manufacturing industry. It could be through two methods that this could be satisfied. Commonly used method would be through defining an operation in the shop order and tracking the time reported for that particular operation separately. - If its re-worked and used through the same shop order.

You could alternatively use a separate repair shop order defining and repair structure.

If not you could go for an simple customization to cater this need.

Warm Regards,

Edmund Praveen Wijetunge