Question

APB lead time of operation reflecting already reported time

• 24 May 2021
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Dear all,

very simple question. I would like to reflect the already reported time on the operation in APB. It works when the Adjust functions are applied (prioritize already reaported, preserve the sequence of the already scheduled), otherwise APB is showing entire lead time of operations. I do not like to use any Adjust functions, sice bot are applied to all operations which is not requested. Is it any way how to do it?

Note: IFS 7.5, version of APB 2.6.1.0.

I tried to find any LCS solution/bug, maybe I missed the appropriate fix.

Thanks for any advice.

Best regards,

Zdenek B.

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +9

Hi @zdenek.baumelt 

The standard functionality is , up until “adjust schedule” functionality is executed, the time reduction should not takes place. 

Lets assume this, you have a fix schedule for next week and you are running 5 orders , one day for each other. Lets say you are now on Tuesday morning next week. As per the plan, 2 of your orders should have been completed and you are about to start Wednesday’s one. Now, if you have reported time and if that  it will be correctly shown and the reported time is in the past , no problem, for the schedule. Also , if you reschedule, nothing will happen since APB do not touch started operations. Again all good. Real problem is if you report time “out of sequence” and you need to utilize the free up time in the future. Then you of course need to execute adjust schedule.  Then you need to carefully select whether to use “prioritize reported operation” or “ keep sequence “ option, if you don't want your reported operations comes to now time. Operations not reported will not get affected. 

Hope this helps. 

Saman